National PTA 2022-23 Reflections Theme:
"SHOW YOUR VOICE!"
For more than 50 years, National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create and submit original works of art in one or all of the following arts categories:
How to Participate
- Refer to the Official Rules and follow their instructions closely!
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only (NO copyrighted images allowed)
- A student may develop an entry inside or outside of the school.
- A student may submit entries in more than one arts area and/or multiple entries in a single arts area.
- Each student entry must be accompanied by a student Entry Form, signed by a parent or guardian.
- Student entries MUST include a title and an artist statement, which communicates the artist’s inspiration for the work and how it relates to the theme. The statement must describe the content and include at least 10 words but not exceed 100 words.
- For projects created by hand (for example, paintings, sculptures, handwritten poems, etc), please take a picture and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to send the entry form too!
Deadline for Entries: December 9th
Families can support their children’s participation by creating time and space for students to work on their entries, providing encouragement and needed materials and volunteering to support the Reflections Program.
Entries should represent students’ unique creativity—adults are welcome to encourage students but are asked not to assist in any way with their interpretation of the theme or artistic expression. Appropriate accommodation for Special Artists is allowed.
Gallery from Previous Years
2017-18 State Reflections Winner - RCV 2nd grader Caroline Fiske, "Reach for the Wall" (photographic interpretation of 2017-18 theme "Within Reach")